|Topic:||TB No.: 10053 Distributor/Technician||Date: 07/04/2020|
|Affected Machines:||Ecoboiler, all variants/ Brewers all variants/ MIX all variants, Sp9 all variants||Priority: Low||Created By: Gareth Fitzpatrick|
|From Serial No.:||All||Created For:||Customers|
|From Date:||All||Pages: 2|
Reinstating a Marco boiler/ brewer
Level of difficulty to modify: Low
Due to the recent Global Pandemic, most Coffee brewers and water boilers have been switched off/ decommissioned. The time span will greatly vary depending on the Region effected so it is assumed many weeks of inactivity; which could result in Bacteria growth. Many of the brewers/ boilers have been fitted to an inline water filtration system. It maybe a good opportunity to review the filters age and replace, but also if inactivity has been for a long time it would be best to replace based on the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Before powering back on the machine for use we recommend emptying the tank contents (if not already done) and flushing a few times.
- In most instances this will be enough to get the machine up and running and fit for use. However; there will be instances where mineral deposits/ scale has settled on the inside of the tank and covered the probes meaning they will need to be cleaned/ descaled.
- For the Ecoboiler range, Two red flashing lights on the Ready status will indicate the scale/mineral deposit issue after approx. 10 mins after start-up. You can watch the video here to perform the descale operation.
- Always ensure the machine is isolated from mains Power before commencing any works!
- All machines are fitted with drain hose’s so you can conveniently drain the machine.
- Below are some useful images on how to access the drain hose in the main models.
- I include the website link address for the descale procedure for hard copy users. Just click on the videos section within the website page.
- Please visit marcobeveragesystems.com to access Service manuals and other useful resources for each model variant.
Ecoboiler, single screw to remove front lower panel Drain hose is located bottom left in all model variants.
Remove the yellow section to access the drain hose!