|Topic: JET6, Block the thermistor pocket secondary whole to prevent water ingress.||TB No.: 10044||Date: Aug 2017|
|Affected Machines:||JET6 Bulk Brewer||Priority: Medium||Created By: Gareth Fitzpatrick|
|From Serial No.:||All||Created For:||Technicians|
|From Date:||All||Pages: 1/2|
In light of some recent complaints for Thermistor failure in Jet 6 model it was identified that the failure is a direct result of water or coffee ingress into the thermistor pocket. This is not a compulsory upgrade however if faced with this issue or replacing a major component we recommend to plug the hole as a preventative measure.
To plug the thermistor pocket whole with silicone or heat paste.
- Heat resistant silicone or
- Heat paste
The following procedure is to be carried out by trained personal only.
- Plug out the Jet 6 from mains supply.
- Remove two securing screws in the drip tray as illustrated in Fig 1.0
- Remove the front s/s panel by locating and removing the 6 securing screws as illustrated in Fig 1.0 (8 screws in total, 6 side and 2 in the drip tray.)
- Remove the earth cable attached to the front panel located bottom left side as per Fig 2.0.
- Remove the 16pin ribbon from the touchscreen.
- Place the panel to one side.
- Locate the thermistor pocket on the top side of the boiler tank as per Fig 3.0
- Plug the secondary hole used for measuring temperature with Heat paste or heat resistant silicone.
- Replace the front S/S cover.
- Attach the earth cable and 16 pin ribbon to the board.
- Machine is now ready for used.
FIG 1.0 FIG 2.0